Forest school level 3 training day 7 (Fly Agaric cohort)
Location Scotswood Garden
The course will support you to understand everything you need to know to design and run a Forest School programme safely and effectively including:
- Understanding how children learn and develop
- Learning about woodland plants and animals and how to care for woodlands
- Practical skills including fire lighting, cooking, using tools, tying knots and building shelters, and how to safely teach these to a group
- How to maintain safety and wellbeing, and understand the relationship between risk and developmental benefit
- How to effectively communicate the ethos and benefits of Forest School
- 10 taught days (5 x 2 day blocks) of teaching spread over 9 months
- Written work: learners complete and submit 20 written tasks throughout the course. The last of these tasks are submitted 3 months after the last day of training.
- Support and advice available by telephone or email throughout the course.
- Before the last day of training, learners need to complete a separate 2 day ITC first aid course (not included in price).
- During the last 4 days of training, learners will demonstrate their practical skills and work together to deliver a session that demonstrates the ethos of forest school.
Added by Harriet Menter